We are continuously expanding our diverse team of dental professionals and support staff. If you enjoy working as part of a team that has patient care as your core focus, this could be the right opportunity for you.
Dental Hygienist Job Responsibilities:
- Promotes dental health by completing dental prophylaxis, providing oral cancer screening and radiographic studies, charting conditions of decay and disease, and performing procedures in compliance with the Dental Practice Act.
- Prepares the treatment room for patients by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patients for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patients.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
- Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient’s oral health.
- Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
- Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums, using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession and exposing and developing radiographic studies.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations, cleaning, and polishing removable appliances.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions and providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit.
- Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories and charting in patient records.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
Dental Hygienist Qualifications / Skills:
- Registered with the Dental Council of Ireland
- Use of dental technology
- Dental health maintenance
- Infection control
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Administering medication
To apply for future opportunities, please email your CV, along with a cover letter explaining why you think you would fit our team to: firstname.lastname@example.org